Tuesday, February 3, 2009

An Addiction is Born

You haven't lived until you've played Rockband. So, apparently, the first 22 years of my life were meaningless. But one December night that all changed. I found my purpose in life... to play Rockband, and to play it well.
For those of you who aren't familiar with Rockband, here is how it works - There are four instruments; guitar, bass, drums, and mic. Okay, maybe a mic isn't "technically" an instrument, but you understand what I mean. These four instruments are hooked into a gaming system. Once Rockband loads, you create your band, using as many instruments as you like. Then, you select a song and get ready to play. The screen indicates when to push the buttons on your guitar or bang the pads on your drums, or sing into the mic.

There is an option to play in competitive mode - where you try to gather fans and you actually travel to bigger and better venues with time - but you can also just rock out without consequence.

Now that I've discovered Rockband, I'm a new woman. I've been to several Rockband parties since I discovered it a year ago and every single one simply rocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment